What if a use is prohibited?

If the use planned is prohibited in the zone which applies to the site, it is possible to apply for rezoning. The likelihood of successfully changing the zoning designation for a site varies greatly. The primary consideration is the compatibility of the proposed change with surrounding uses. Zoning changes require a public hearing and the approval of the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors (PDF).

Show All Answers

1. What district is my property in?
2. What if a use is prohibited?
3. What is a special use permit?
4. What is a variance?
5. What is the board of zoning appeals?
6. What fees can be expected?