Commissioner of the Revenue
Welcome to the web site for Wise County's Commissioner of the Revenue.
My Staff and I have designed this site for the convenient use of our taxpaying citizens. Visitors have access to all the same property information that can be found in public records at the Wise County Courthouse. Rest assured that all private information is confidentially withheld from the general public.
We are continually committed to empowering our citizens through interactive technology. By utilizing this website, taxpayers will be able to save time and money as they navigate their way to the information needed.
It is a great honor and pleasure to serve you!
In accordance with Virginia State Law (Code of Virginia §58.1-3252), Wise County's next General Reassessment is scheduled to begin. Starting on July 1, 2020, the Wise County Assessment Office began field visits for all properties in Wise County, both Commercial and Residential. All Assessors will be in identifiable County vehicles, and will be able to provide credentials upon request. New property values will not become effective until January 2022.
If you have any questions about the Reassessment Process, please contact the Assessment Office at 276-328-8228.
Commissioner's Office Responsibilities
- Accurately maintaining and updating real estate and personal property records
- Ensuring the tax burden is fairly shared by all citizens
- Fair Market Value Assessment of all taxable property in Wise County
- Real Estate Tax Relief Assistance for Senior and Disabled citizens as well as 100% Service Connected Disabled Veterans
- State and Federal Income Tax Assistance