A Wise Business Decision
Available Sites & Buildings
Wise County Enterprise Zone
Techpark Master Plan
Wise Co. Chamber of Comm.
Center for Workforce Dev
VA Economic Dev Office
VA Dept Housing & Comm Dev
Economic Dev. Director/
Wise Co. IDA Exec. Director
County of Wise VA
206 E. Main St., Rm. 223
P.O. Box 570
Wise VA 24293
(276) 328-9780 Fax
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Business & Economic Development
[ Home ] [ Up ]
is located in the beautiful mountains of Southwest Virginia. The
county offers a wide range of employment and recreational opportunities,
superb schools, friendly people and a wonderful quality of life.
Virginia Museum or the Trail
of the Lonesome Pine, the official outdoor drama of Virginia.
Or visit Big
Stone Gap, the town that inspired the best-selling novel.
is also home to the University
of Virginia's College at Wise, an outstanding public liberal
arts university, as well as Mountain
Empire Community College.
such as Sykes Enterprises,
Corporation and Mullican Flooring have found success in our region. We encourage you to take a look around our web site, or contact us for more information
on how expanding in or relocating to Wise County can provide better opportunities for your business.
Virginia Small Business Financing Authority (VSBFA)
The VSBFA helps Virginia’s start-up, existing & prospective businesses through an extensive portfolio of financing programs. The Authority helps Virginia’s financial institutions offer business loans that they might not be able to offer without assistance from this program. The VSBFA also offers grants to individual investors in qualifying small businesses. The VSBFA offers financing programs which can provide:
- Direct loans for Economic Development projects (fixed asset purchases such as land, buildings & equipment)
- Cash Collateral and Loan Guaranties to help Banks lend to Small Businesses
- Microloans, Child Care Loans, and Investment Grants for Small Businesses
- Cash Collateral, Loan Guaranties, Direct Loans, and Microloans for Existing Businesses, Minority-Owned Businesses, and Tourism Related Businesses
- A Child Care Financing Program for Licensed Child Care Centers & Family-Home Providers
- Bond Financing for Small Manufacturers & 501(c)(3) Non-profits.